“The Way of the Hedge Witch” By: Arin Murphy-Hiscock (Published by Provenance Press, 2009)
Synopsis from the back cover:
As every good hedge witch knows, hearth and home are magickal places. This unique guide shows you how to create sacred spaces that will help you make your home a protected, powerful place. Inside you’ll learn how to”
- Create your own magickal cookbook of recipes, spells and charms
- Prepare food that nourishes you and your family’s body and soul
- Perform rituals that protect and purify your hearth and home
- Master the secrets of the cauldron and the sacred flame
- Call upon the kitchen gods and goddesses
- Produce creative hearth-based arts and crafts
With The Way of the Hedge Witch, you’ll learn all you need to know how to make home a magickal place to live, work, and play.
As one who is exploring Hedge Witchery I found this book to be the perfect introduction to this path. The book covers all of the main topics involved in Hedge Witchery and is explained in a way that is easy to understand and apply. Each section flows nicely into the next making it easy to capture the whole picture as well as learn one concept thoroughly before moving on to the next.
I found this book to be refreshingly practical. It allows us to see how each action we perform around the house can be magickal through the practice of hearthcraft. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is seeking knowledge of Hearthcraft, Hedge Witchery and even Green and Kitchen Witches.