A few years ago we made garden smashbooks. I wanted to conclude that series with a final addition to your book. I’m sure your books are all lovely, and full of wonderful gardening triumphs, vibrant pictures and lessons learned. Some of you may have even gotten to know some garden fairies.
These are the gardening quotes I added to fill in the pages of my smashbook to make each page a little more interesting. Feel free to share some of your favourite quotes in the comments!
- “The love of gardening is a seed, that once sown never dies”. – Gertrude Jekyll
- “Observe due measure, for the right timing is in all things the most important factor”. – Hesiod
- “Go forth under the open sky, and list to Nature’s teachings”. – William Cullen Bryant
- “Sweet is the whispering music of yonder pine that sings”. – Theocritus
- “To cultivate a garden, is to walk with God”. – Christian N Bokee
- “Though the leaves are many, the root is one”. – William Butler Yeats
- “I am a willow of the wilderness, loving the wind that bent me”. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A garden full of sweet odours is a garden full of charm”. – Louise Beebe Wilder, The Fragrant Garden
- “A garden must be prepared in the soul first or else it will not flourish”. – English Gardening Proverb
- “To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wildflower”. – William Blake
- “What a desolate place would be a world without flowers? It would be a face without a smile, a feat without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the earth? Are not our stars the flowers of heaven?. – Clara Louise Balfour
- “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand”. – Buddha
May your garden always flourish.